... or Xuxu Beleza
... or just Xuxu
Get at me:
What I've been doing - 06/2018:
Initially I planned this to be a monthly update, but I only updated after a whole year 😅. Anyway here is a short report of the last 12 months.
- My main objective for 2018 is to get into Open Source.
- It's a challenge to find open source projects I want to contribute to.
- After working a whole year @ Tuneduc I feel like I have a really good grasp in ReactJS development, as well as agile methodology.
- I want to make a new version of this site, maybe update the styles too.
- New version would be a nice opportunity to learn how to use AWS Lambda and generate static HTMLs in an S3 bucket so I could leave heroku.
- I can say I'm a card-carrying member of the Functional Programming gang by now.
- I've been studying ReasonML really hard and plan to start a ReasonReact project soon.
- Been going to tons of meetups and dev events, the ReactBrasil community is amazing.
- I learned how to do front-end dev in Linux and honestly I like it better than MacOS
What I was doing - 06/2017:
- Landed a new job at Tuneduc!!! I'm learning how to work in a real software development team and loving it.
- Studying hard so I get to understand everything that's possible about React JS
- Attempting to learn how to use tmux + vim in my development workflow
- Figuring out the best method to allow me to update files in a dropbox-like folder and have them reflected in a URL on this site (like http://xuxu.rocks/notes/a-nice-note)
What I'm reading
Started downloading stuff from aaaaarg.fail so now I have a gorillion things to read all at once:
- Not really a book, but listening to the audio archives of this particular Yale course on post-emancipation African American History
- Started Freedom is a Constant Struggle, by Angela Davis
- Started Liberalism, by Domenico Losurdo
- Need to read a fiction book to avoid going insane, will probably start Cien Años de Soledad, by Gabriel García Marquez, in spanish, very soon
Books read in 2017
- Towards a Philosophy of Photography — Vilém Flusser (Portuguese Translation)
- Anansi Boys — Neil Gaiman (Portuguese translation)
- The Stone Raft — José Saramago (Portuguese edition)
- The Sad End of Policarpo Quaresma — Lima Barreto (Portuguese edition)
- Memories of Scrivener Isaias Caminha — Lima Barreto
- The Book of Five Rings — Miyamoto Musashi (English translation)
- Imperialism, the Highest Stage of Capitalism — Vladimir Ilyich Lenin (Portuguese translation)
- Last Day of a Condemned Man — Victor Hugo (French edition)
- I'm sure there's more... just can't remember right now...